Bored? Time on your hands? Looking to get involved in the community?
Look no further! Volunteering with the Friends is not only fun, but very rewarding. We are a small, all-volunteer organization which means there are lots of ways for you to participate. Volunteers are needed each weekend from April to October to greet visitors at the Lighthouse and Keeper’s Dwelling. All proceeds from the volunteer-run gift shop go towards preservation of the buildings. Volunteers serve on the board of directors and chair the organization’s committees. The Garden Club has created and maintains baywise gardens on the grounds. The Lighthouse is cleaned and maintained on a regular basis with volunteer help. We would be grateful for any time you can spare, whenever it fits into your schedule. These are some of the ways you can help…
- Be a volunteer “keeper” at the Lighthouse (Sat, Sun, 1-5 PM, Apr-Oct)
- Work as a volunteer in the Gift Shop (Sat, Sun, 1-5 PM Apr-Oct)
- Serve as a docent for educational tours
- Join the Gardening Club, creating and caring for our Herb Garden, Rose Garden, and Bayscape Founder’s Garden.
- Provide maintenance services such as cleaning, painting, carpentry or landscaping.
- Help to clean the Lighthouse Windows (No fear of Heights!)
- Assistance with administrative jobs (computer entry, mailings, etc.)
- Help with fund raising events
CONTACT: Volunteer Coordinator
OR: Visit us any weekend afternoon from April to October at the Lighthouse!