The Friends of Concord Point Lighthouse

The Friends of Concord Point Lighthouse, Inc. is a nonprofit organization, of members and volunteers, that have been “keeping the light” for over forty years. In short, we preserve and promote the historic Concord Point Lighthouse and Keeper’s House in Havre de Grace, Maryland.

The Concord Point Lighthouse is the second oldest lighthouse in Maryland and the symbol of Havre de Grace. Built in 1827, the lighthouse served as a beacon for sailors in the Upper Chesapeake Bay until being decommissioned in 1975. Located at the point where the Susquehanna River meets the Chesapeake Bay, the light was an active aid to navigation for 148 years. Today, the fully restored Lighthouse and Keeper’s House are both open to the public on weekends from April to October. In addition, volunteer keepers conduct educational tours throughout the year.

The Lighthouse property anchors one end of Havre de Grace’s beautiful waterfront promenade. The property is located along where the Susquehanna River meets the tidal flow of the Chesapeake Bay. The views are spectacular. Thus, it is a popular site for wedding ceremonies and special events!

 

*Virtual Tour courtesy of SpheroVision East – 410.920.1759 (www.spherovision.net)

We invite you to explore this website to learn more about the history and construction of the Lighthouse. Or, to find more information on Events, Private Events, Tour Information, membership in our organization or volunteering.

The Concord Point Lighthouse is on the National Register of Historic Places.

Below are two videos by Mary Rasa, a historian focused on maritime and military history, regarding Concord Point Lighthouse. First is a point-of-view video climbing the tower. The second video is a short history of the Fresnel lens used in Concord Point Lighthouse. See Mary’s channel for more military and maritime history and contact information.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZYC-srcA1o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe7kHy9nggY

 


Hours of Operation


The Keeper's House Museum and Gift Shop opened May 1st!

From May through October our hours will be:

Saturday 10 am - 2 pm.

Sunday 1 pm - 5 pm.

The Lighthouse will be open to the public for visitors to climb to the top on weekends beginning August 7th, 2021.


We ask that visitors please practice social distancing. Masks are no longer required in the Keeper's House Museum and Gift Shop.

At this time the lighthouse tower is not open to visitors. Concord Point Park is open so please visit and capture some great photos of the historic Concord Point Lighthouse. The lighthouse tower will reopen August 7th.

Located off of I-95, exit 89 between Baltimore and Philadelphia.

Free Admission.

Check our Calendar of Events