Author Archives: jharr

Beacon Babes Float takes 1st place in Independence Day parade!


Beacon Babes Float

Join the Beacon Babes! The Friends’ newest fundraising venue! FCPL’s newest fundraising venture aims to bring together fun, dedicated individuals who want to raise awareness about the importance of the Concord Point Lighthouse in our community. We are planning our launch and a schedule of events right now. Let us…  
Read More >


The British invaded Havre de Grace! May 3, 4 and 5, 2013


John O'Neill being captured by the British invaders.

It was a great weekend throughout the city and things were busy here at the Lighthouse and Keeper’s House! From cannons firing to concerts and fireworks, the Lighthouse presided over it all. Perhaps the British will come again next year! Our Hero, John O’Neill, being captured by the British invaders.


War of 1812 Commemorative Weekend


Ft. McHenry Fife and Drum Corp The British capture our hero, John ONeill! British formation Setting up the battery Take that, Brits! Matilda O’Neill (played by Laurel Yau) telling her story The British encampment on the Keeper’s House grounds   Fireworks by the lighthouse!   The British once again invaded Havre de…  
Read More >


Havre de Grace Heritage Museums’ War of 1812 grant completed


Ft. McHenry Fife and Drum Corp Mayor Wayne Doughtery presenting Jim Dryden and Bethany Baker with a commemorative plaque Travelling trunk items on display The War of 1812 grant has come to a close.  A reception held on January 31 at the Maritime Museum honored all of the participants.  The…  
Read More >


Volunteer Soup Dinner 2012


Rex Smith and Friends performing Floyd and Inge Dobson enjoying the performance Kathy and Ernie Moretti and Nancy and Jim Dryden smiling for the camera Irene Rice, Beth Fleming and Lilma Huntley enjoying the music Jean Weir and John Gallagher Mayor Wayne Doughtery sharing his appreciation of our volunteers All…  
Read More >


New Mural in Havre de Grace


Photo and more information found here Have you seen the recently completed mural by Shawn Forton? The Lighthouse and O’Neill cannon are both featured prominently. The mural is located behind the Susquehanna Hose Company’s House No.1 off of Juniata Street. What a fantastic way to add art to the city…  
Read More >


John O’Neill Cannon Returns to Concord Point


cannon

War of 1812 cannon returns to Concord Point! After a year of rehabilitation at the Maryland Conservation Lab, the cannon was returned to once again sit beside the lighthouse and commemorate John O’Neill’s defense of Havre de Grace against the British attack on May 3, 1813. Watch the video from…  
Read More >


Cannon Returned


After more than a year of rehabilitation at the Maryland Conservation Lab, the War of 1812 cannon has been returned to Concord Point!  We are excited to have it back, especially with the burning of Havre de Grace Bicentennial next May 3.  The cannon marks the spot where John O’Neill…  
Read More >


1st Place!


The Friends of Concord Point decided to create a float for the Havre de Grace Independence Day Parade this year and we won 1st place in the Sr. Organizational Float category!  Hopefully, some of you saw the parade.  It was lots of fun even if it was hot! Photo Credit:…  
Read More >


Star Spangled Banner


The version of the  United States flag flown during the War of 1812 is now for sale at the Keeper’s House!  This flag had 15 stars and 15 stripes for the first 15 states.  This was the only flag with 15 stripes.  In 1818, Congress decided that from then on…  
Read More >


Hours of Operation


The Lighthouse and Keeper's House Museum and Gift Shop are open!

From August through October our hours will be:

Saturday 10 am - 2 pm.

Sunday 1 pm - 5 pm.


On Saturday, September 18th, due to Relay for Life, Concord and Lafayette Streets will be closed to vehicular traffic. The Lighthouse and Keeper's House will be open 10am - 2pm.

On Saturday, September 25th and Sunday, September 26th, due to the Susquehanna Wine and Seafood Festival, Concord Point Lighthouse will be closed. The Keeper's House Museum will be open to the public during regular weekend hours.

On Saturday, October 2nd, due to the Maritime Museum's Autumn-Fest, Concord and Lafayette Streets will be closed to vehicular traffic. The Lighthouse and Keeper's House will be open 10am - 2pm.


We ask that visitors please practice social distancing. Masks are no longer required in the Lighthouse and Keeper's House Museum and Gift Shop, but visitors are encouraged to wear masks in both locations. Masks and sanitizer are available at both the Lighthouse and Keeper's House.

Located off of I-95, exit 89 between Baltimore and Philadelphia.

Free Admission.

Check our Calendar of Events