We have volunteer opportunities for all schedules.
Volunteering with The Friends is fun and rewarding! We are a small, all-volunteer organization which means there are lots of ways for you to participate. Volunteers are needed every weekend from April to October to greet visitors at the Lighthouse and Keeper’s House. All proceeds from the volunteer-run gift shop go towards the preservation of the buildings. The Garden Club has created and maintains baywise gardens on the grounds. The Lighthouse is cleaned and maintained on a regular basis with volunteer help. Year-round help is needed for fundraisers, special events and administrative work. We would be grateful for any time you can spare, whenever it fits into your schedule. These are some of the ways you can help…
- Be a volunteer “keeper” at the Lighthouse (Sat, Sun, 1-5 PM, Apr-Oct)
- Work as a volunteer in the Gift Shop (Sat, Sun, 1-5 PM Apr-Oct)
- Assist with popular special events such as St. Patrick’s Day, Tails and Treats and the Holiday Boutique
- Serve as a docent for educational tours
- Assistance with administrative jobs (computer entry, mailings, etc.)
- Join the Gardening Club, creating and caring for our Herb Garden, Rose Garden, and Bayscape Founder’s Garden
- Provide maintenance services such as cleaning, painting, carpentry or landscaping
- Help to clean the Lighthouse Windows (No fear of Heights!)
- Assist with communications, via emails, website maintenance, social media, and hanging flyers
We also have opportunities for short-term volunteer and service projects!
CONTACT: Volunteer Coordinator
OR: Visit us any weekend afternoon from April to October at the Lighthouse!